In Guild's community trends for 2023 we highlighted that AI would impact Community building.
But could anyone have predicted just how disruptive AI would be in such a short time frame?
We invited global community experts Richard Millington, Venessa Paech, Blaise Grimes-Viort and Gregor Young to discuss the impact, opportunities and risks that AI brings and how it will shape community building today and in the future.
- Why AI is helping community builders ascend to a more strategic role
- Whether AI will impact customer support communities more than communities of practice or passion
- How Guild is integrating AI into its community platform
- How AI is enabling new models of collaboration and co-creation in communities
- Why community managers won't disappear! And which tasks will be automated to free up time
- The 4 categories of AI that that support community building
- reducing harm
- automating burden
- organizing meaning
- deepening insights
- How AI tools can support content moderation
- AI's role in improving data, meaning and reporting to community managers
- Questions around AI and diversity/representation
- Whether AI will be a "required skillset" for community professionals
See the full recording here:
Discuss with community peers
Want to find out more about how AI is impacting community building?
Request to join Professional Community Leaders, a free online community and centre of excellence for professional community strategy and practice. Or apply to join Guild Community Collective, a free online community for community and social media professionals, however experienced you are.
Share best practices, ideas, inspiration, interesting content and resources. Get feedback from the group on ideas and initiatives, develop partnerships and make useful contacts and connections.
We run virtual, in-person and hybrid events in both communities where we hope many of you will be able to meet.
More community strategy training
Community Strategy and Community Management resources hub
What are the different types of online community? The 5Ps of community.
The Periodic Table of Community Strategy
How to align Community to your organisation or business goals
How to combine Events with Community: best practice guide
Is gameification good for your community?
What are rituals and how do they help online communities?
Community management advice and tips from member association experts
Onboarding online community members
The complete guide to the online community lifecycle
What is community moderation and why is it so important?
Join Guild 🤝
See for yourself how the Guild experience is different to WhatsApp, Slack, LinkedIn or Facebook Groups.
Guild is a safe space to connect, communicate and collaborate with others.
Join us on a platform that is purpose-built for creating groups, communities and networks on mobile.